Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Save the date

Here’s a wedding tradition I didn’t hesitate to include for our Ceremony of Love: Save the Dates. The biggest reason being that I personally like to have advanced notice for these kind of events. I don’t want to send an invitation 2 months before and hope people didn’t make vacation plans already. Plus, they are so dang cute!

Before we were married, and I was playing with save the dates for our 2013 wedding, I fell in love with a site called WeddingChicks.com. They have all of these free printable save the dates, invitations and more. Notice the word free? That’s what I loved the most. Of course, I had no intention of actually printing these things myself, but with sites like vistaprint and zazzle, the cost would be much cheaper than using a vendor.

With the WeddingChicks printables, usually you just plug in your names, your date and voila, save the date! 
      Never having watched the show Mad Men, I thought this was so clever.
(Still cute, especially for fans of the show) 

I really like the conversational style of this save the date. 
 
 
Then we got married, and took the easy out of it. Because now we aren’t sending save the dates for a wedding, but for a Ceremony of Love.

So I started messing with all of the Save the Dates I found to make them Ceremony of Love friendly. One of my first, and favorites, was a re-make of the above:




cute, right?

I got the "Weddinged" idea from the Offbeat Bride article I linked in my last post (On Vow Renewals and Getting Weddinged).
But, my pretend-bride-phobia came out, and I decided maybe someone would be offended by it. It’s still one of my favorites, though!

Then I found this save the date bookmark, complete with an adorable bunting: 

Buntings are all the rage. 

I was going down this path pretty seriously for a couple of weeks. I especially liked the idea of Save the Date image + simple wording. No "We're getting married!" or "Save the Date for our wedding" to confuse matters. But, I ended up abandoning this save the date due to the bookmark shape. That is NOT an easy shape to send via mail.
So where did I end up? The grand reveal will be after I send said Save the Dates, so as to not ruin the surprise for guests!

No comments:

Post a Comment