Friday, December 16, 2011

Green with... love?

If you ask my mom what my favorite color is, she will knowingly declare it is green. She's right.

So when I had to sit down and figure out what our wedding colors would be, it didn't take long before I gravitated to green.

At first, though, I went through hundreds of inspiration boards.  There were so many that I loved!  One of my favorites was pink/gray.


But, I knew Mike wasn't a fan of pink. I considered switching it to yellow, but that also had too much of a "dainty" feel to it.
Plus, I loved the green and chocolate ones I found.

This one especially!

So, two colors down.  But was it enough?  I believe it could be, but as I got to figuring out my decorations more and more, I realized something that I really, really wanted.

Antique mason jars.  Anyone that's been in my house knows I am obsessed with mason jars. You just have to look around. They are everywhere! On a high ledge in the kitchen, on our faux pantry shelves, on the kitchen table with flowers in them... ding ding ding! That's the look I wanted for our wedding. Country (aka rustic), and simple. Also, a little vintage. 

But to throw in that vintage flair, I didn't think plain clear mason jars would do the trick.  When I saw this tutorial on how to make mason jars look antique blue, I knew I had my answer.


And the 3rd color was added to our color scheme, this mason jar antique blue, which I'm going to go ahead and call Tiffany blue. Most of this color will be just the mason jars, but they will be EVERYWHERE at our wedding. They will serve as vases, and candle holders, and lanterns, and maybe even drink glasses? (OK, maybe not the antique blue ones, as I don't want people accidentally consuming paint.)

Here is a juxtaposition of my green and blue:


This is a sneak peak from our wedding website!

I am in LOVE with this combo. And the chocolate brown look super good as an accent color. The only example of this I have are our invites, but since I want those to be a surprise to our guests, I'm not going to share.

Oh, and speaking of mason jar drinking glasses:


The redneck wine glass! 
I do not want this at my wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment